MICROBIOME RESOURCES & SEQUENCING AT UBC
Half day workshop exploring the applications of microbiome research and currently used techniques and tools. Attendees will learn how to sequencing the microbiome and how to apply that data to determine the connection between gene expression and metabolic signatures.
- Talk – Kelly McNagny: Overview of the microbiome its applications to disease research (focus hematopoiesis, immune responses, and allergic disease)
- Talk – Carolina Tropini: Techniques to environmentally alter the microbiome (laxatives, antibiotics).
- Talk – Tao Huan: Metabolomics / Influence of microbiome on metabolomics analysis
- Talk – Lisa Osbourne: Microbiome and germ free mice as a tool for microbiome analysis
- Talk – Pedro Dimitrui/Erick Cardenas Poire: Microbiome DNA sequence analyses and metagenomic analyses)
- Hands-on component (Pedro Dimitrui/Erick Cardenas Poire): microbiome/metagenomic analysis – sequencing of microbiome/microbiome gene expression to infer their influence on metabolism