The Heart + Lung Scientific Symposium is an opportunity for scientists, clinicians, students and healthcare professionals of a variety of backgrounds to join together and hear from top experts on hot topics in heart and lung health ranging from molecules to communities.
Following the success of its first edition, CellCAN is happy to announce that the second pan-Canadian Strategic Forum will be held this winter, from March 13 to 15, 2019, in the vibrant city of Toronto.
In partnership with the Centre for Commercialization of Cancer Immunotherapy (C3i) and the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM), this Strategic Forum represents a great opportunity to identify concrete actions – from manufacturing to commercialization – that can be taken to help stakeholders in our field become better equipped to develop cell, tissue and gene therapies.
BRINGING TOGETHER A NUMBER OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERTS, THIS FORUM WILL:
– Highlight the most recent technological innovations in cell & gene therapy manufacturing.
– Reveal facilitators and barriers to cell and gene therapy translation in Canada.
– Discuss the manufacturing challenges of combination immunotherapies strategies.
– Build on effective commercialization strategies for the benefit of all Canadians.
– Identify ways of making cell and gene therapies affordable and reducing manufacturing-related expenditures.
– Highlight paths to financing and reimbursement.
– Discuss the regulatory reform and more specifically issues related to cell and gene therapy regulation.
The keynote speaker will be Dr. Patrick H Maxwell (DPhil FRCP FMedSci), Regius Professor of Physic & Head of the School of Clinical Medicine, University of Cambridge.
More information regarding registration and agenda will become available in spring 2019.